Saturday, June 2, 2007
Keeping Cool in Hot Weather
Ten Thrifty ways to keep cool on hot days:
1. Drink plenty of water. Keep yourself hydrated on the inside too.
2. Buy a misting bottle and mist often. Wear a wet bandana around your head.
3. Dress in light colors, and loose-fitting clothing.
4. Sit in the shade.
5. Do your physical work in the early morning and early evening hours.
6. Use fans. Keep shades and blinds closed. Use ceiling fans.
7. Go to an air conditioned place, like the Library, Mall, etc.
8. Go swimming! Swim only wear there are lifeguards, and wear life preservers on
boats. Keep safe. Get off water and inside, at first sign of lightning and
thunder. Don't forget sunscreen.
9. Cook outside on the grill. Avoid heavy meals. Eat lightly.
10. Do not sit in a hot car, get out, and NEVER leave a child or animal in a car, not
even for a minute.