This is a very easy soup recipe from Regina's Vegetarian Table. My grandaughter just loves broccoli and this recipe.
- 2 bunches broccoli
- vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or season salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup non-fat condensed milk or 1/2 & 1/2
- parmesan for garnish (optional)
1. Prepare the broccoli by washing and cutting off the florets. You should have about 3 cups of florets.
2. Cook the florets in boiling salted water for about 5-7 minutes until tender, then drain the water off.
3. Place the florets in a blender with enough vegetable broth to cover. Blend into a puree.
4. Add the salt, nutmeg and pepper and milk and blend again.
5. Pour the soup back into the cooking pan and reheat again.
6. Serve hot. Garnish with a bit of shredded parmesan cheese, if desired.
Oh, and as for the other days' menus, I'm just not that organized to have that all planned out lol. That's what The Organizing Junkie is for-check out that site and the others who linked to there!
Oh, and I just have to say if you have never tried Quorn Gruyere Chik'n Cutlets, they are amazing! Wow, this stuff is delicious. My grandaughter wolfed this down and wanted another! She's only four! They only come 2 in a package though, so they are a bit expensive, but worth it for a treat now and then. They have a wonderful taste for being meatless. Try them sometime!
Go back to The Organizing Junkie!