This delicious recipe comes from the cookbook of Regina Campbell, who was featured on PBS. It comes from the PBS show (which I think is retired) and is in her book, "Regina's Vegetarian Table." It's a wonderful book and I highly recommend it. You can buy it from her site through paypal for only $11.95 and free shipping and she even signs it! What a great deal that is! If you can't afford it though, some of the recipes are on her website, so go and check them out.
I love her cookbook so much that I want to give her credit and encourage others to check it out too! You don't have to be vegetarian to use these recipes. And you won't even miss the meat!
Oh, and as for the other days' menus, I'm just not that organized to have that all planned out lol. That's what The Organizing Junkie is for-check out that site and the others who linked to there!
Smoked Mushroom Medley Lasagna
This vegetarian lasagna features a gourmet assortment of ingredients including smoked Gouda (yum!) and mixed mushrooms.
3 layers lasagna noodles (about 3 noodles per layer)
1 lb. mixed variety mushrooms, such as shitake and portabella
1 large stalk celery, chopped
4 green onions, chopped (including at least 2 inches of the greens)
2 Tbs. butter
1 Tbs. dried parsley (or 1/4 C. fresh chopped)
1 tsp. herbes de Provence (or Italian seasoning)
2 Tbs. white wine vinegar (or rice vinegar)
1/3 C. vegetable stock
1 C. half-and-half
8 oz. smoked Gouda, grated
Directions1 Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cook lasagna noodles until tender. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
3. Sauté vegetables in butter and a little water until tender. Add herbs and continue to cook for another minute or so.
4. Add vinegar and vegetable stock and cook for 1 minute. Add half-and-half and continue to cook until sauce begins to thicken. Do not overcook as moisture is needed for the lasagna. Season with salt to taste.
5. On the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish, layer 1/3 of the noodles. Spoon 1/3 of the mushroom mixture on top of noodles. Sprinkle 1/3 of the shredded Gouda and repeat process starting with the lasagna noodles until all ingredients are used up.
6. Bake for 25 minutes until heated through. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Go back to The Organizing Junkie!