Sunday, January 19, 2014

How to Make Healthy Desserts Without Eggs or Oil!

Lately, I have been experimenting with something new. I am SO excited!! I love desserts but I wanted to make them lower fat or fat free. I was tired of substituting applesauce or bananas. So, I looked around my cupboard and thought...hmmmmm...

Then I spied a 15 oz. can of candied yams.

I took a brownie mix, used my hands and worked in a can of candied yams ONLY, the water was drained off. It takes a bit to work it all in together, and your hands get really messy. Good activity to do with kids! And as a bonus, they can lick the bowl without fear of salmonella or anything from the raw eggs, because there are NO eggs in it!

Two ingredients, a brownie mix, and a can of drained candied yams. That's it. Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray, dump it in, and bake. Watch it carefully. It doesn't look quite as pretty, and it may be a bit lumpy if you didn't mix it well. But it tastes DELICIOUS!! They are very moist. Don't over bake. Everyone loved them! The kids especially went crazy over them and they didn't know that they are actually eating veggies too!

I have tried it also using a can of candied sweet potatoes, and the result is the same. I've experimented with gingerbread mix, chocolate chip cookie mix, they all come out the same! DELICIOUS!!

TRY IT!! You won't be sorry!